Saturday, September 05, 2009

Review of SplashID for the iPhone

From Brighthub:

For those of us who have been using Palm OS or Windows Mobile, the SplashID name might not be unfamiliar. SplashID is a multi-platform application that allows you to store important information such as passwords, web page logins, serial numbers, insurance information and emergency information.I know what you’re thinking.

“There is no way I would ever store my personal information on my iPhone, what if it gets lost or stolen?”

SplashData thought about that as well and came up with a solution: encryption. When you setup SplashID for the first time, it asks you to create a password that is used to encrypt the database that stores all of your information. Without that password, it is impossible to gain access to your information. I recommend keeping this password as long as possible while still allowing you the ability to remember it.

Labels: , ,