Tuesday, December 02, 2008

HanDBase and SplashID Featured in ZDNet's 2008 Holiday Gift Guide

Another curious omission on the iPhone is a database manager. The demise of Filemaker Mobile has left a vacuum of database solutions for the iPhone. HanDBase (pronounced Handy Base) (iTunes, US$10) deftly fills the void with a light and fast relational database manager for the iPhone. It offers data entry, searching, sorting, filtering, printing and synchronization across a wide variety of handheld computing devices, PDAs, smartphones and desktop computers.

Read the entry here.

No matter how hard I try I can’t remember my bank account numbers. I used to have to have to look them up every time I went to the bank and it was a huge waster of time
Whether it’s account numbers, logins or credit card numbers they can all be stored in one secure and convenient iPhone application called SplashID. I’ve been using it on Mac OS X for ages and was elated when they ported it to the iPhone. Now it’s easy to sync all my passwords, logins and account numbers to my iPhone.

Read the entry here.

Labels: , , , ,