Thursday, June 05, 2008

SplashID review

“You…shall not…pass!” –Gandalf the Gray

As I was testing SplashID v.4 for this review, I was reminded of the scene in “Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring” where Gandalf is facing the Balrog at the bridge of Khazad-dûm. Seen in this light, SplashID would be Gandalf shouting in a voice that only Ian McKellen could deliver to any bad guy that wants your personal data. (Don’t ask me why, it just kind of popped into my head.)

If you are like me, you have slowly collected a massive number of logins and passwords for all of the different web sites you use. As I sit here and think about it, I have logins for Google, MySpace, Twitter, Facebook, .Mac, AOL (yes, I still have that one), YouTube, Photobucket, Flickr, Gizmo, Fring, Skype… you get the idea.

Full review.

Labels: , ,